Disclaimer: This is our Express Guide for Bathroom Renovation and may not actually take 60 seconds to finish reading this guide. This is only a summary, you may refer here for our comprehensive guide on Bathroom Renovation.
Bathroom Renovation can be broken down into 4 stages:
Stage 1: Research
Categories to research on, not an exhaustive list but only for reference:
Stage 2: Planning
*If you are hiring individual experts instead of a main contractor, we recommend creating a renovation schedule.
Snapshot of Renovation Schedule for Reference:
Note: The Renovation Schedule image is for reference only and DOES NOT represent the actual timeline.
Stage 3: Construction
Before construction begins:
- If you are in a strata title building, ensure that you have permission from the building management.
- Make sure that you have all the materials required on-site before construction starts.
- Prepare floor protection on the pathway to the site especially for wood or tiles flooring.
- Prep designated areas for disposing rubbles and rubbish from the renovation.
- Have a temporary toilet for both you and the contractors if the bathroom will be out of service.
- Have safety equipment and first aid kit ready for emergencies.
- Know where your water meter and the fuse box is located.
- Take pictures of the process for documentation purposes and also for ease in the future if you wish to locate specific wiring or pipe.
- Ensure that all wirings are protected with GI/PVC pipes.
- Update the renovation schedule regularly.
Stage 4: Post Construction
- Organize and keep all your warranties in a safe place.
- Store unused and extra parts properly.
- Request Defect Liability Period from Contractor
If you have any further questions or concerns about our renovation process, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our service expert will reply within the next business day!